Read&Write for Google Chrome is an extension for the Google Chrome web browser. It supports a variety of formats including PDF and has features that meet a wide variety of student needs. More information about how to add Read&Write Chrome Extension can be found at texthelp.
Note: In order to use the Read&Write extension, logging into a Google or Microsoft account is necessary to access the full features of the extension. In order for Read&Write to read PDF files, an additional extension is required – Texthelp PDF Reader.
Sensory Access Features
- Synchronized word and sentence highlighting to audio reading
- Completely hide/Minimize user interface buttons and controls while reading
- Screen Mask feature provides highlight under mouse cursor and masks out all but one or several lines of text while reading
- See files in original layout
- Adjust zoom preference
- Reflow text into a single column for simplified viewing and simplified content.
- Customize toolbars for accessing commonly used tools
- Have text read aloud in a variety of available voices
- Set preferred voice and speed
- Generate and export an audio file in .mp3 format
- Have a selected word pronounced
- Keyboard access to toolbar items
Text Highlighting and Note-Taking
- Add highlights to text passages, comments, and bookmarks
- Export highlighted text to save in a separate file
- Export text highlights to create a vocabulary page with definitions
- Add Voice Note
- An English dictionary and picture dictionary are included
- Define or search the web for a selected word or phrase
- Word prediction
- Spell check