Thorium Reader is an accessible EPUB reading application for Windows. Thorium allows adjustment of font size, page bookmarks, and support for screen readers such as JAWS and NVDA.
Thorium is a free application for Windows available through the Microsoft Store.
Sensory Access Features
- View files with preferred font style and size
- Adjust the spacing between letters and words
- Adjust text alignment and scrolling
- Adjust page margins, line spacing, and text columns
- Select from pre-set page themes (neutral, sepia, and night)
- With Version 1.4, Thorium now has a built-in read aloud function, found in the Settings menu.
- Compatible with screen reading software such as NVDA and JAWS
- Read text in braille when used with screen reading software and refreshable braille display
- Access features with keyboard commands
Text Highlights and Note-Taking
- Add text notes and bookmarks
- Opens books at last read location